Cypress Golf Course Service (CGCS) is very aware of being sensitive to the environment. With the attention that fertilizers and pesticides golf courses use to maintain them under constant scrutiny, having a committed environmental plan by the maintenance department is essential. While there are several ways to approach the maintenance of a golf course, taking additional steps to ensure the health of the environment and the surrounding area is a practinot all management companies subscribe to.
As a partner of the Audubon Sanctuary for Golf Courses, our commitment to the environment is something that we take seriously.
What are My Course’s Environmental Opportunities and how can CGCS help?
· Preserve natural areas within urban environments
· Provide needed wildlife sanctuaries
· Support plants and wildlife native to the area
· Protect water resources
· Filter stormwater runoff through golf course wetlands and turfgrass
· Rehabilitate degraded landscapes
· Educate golfers and the general public about the nature of the game and promote environmentally-sound management
Golf Courses offer numerous opportunities to not only provide pleasant places to play, but also to protect drinking water, improve the water quality of our lakes, streams, and rivers, support a variety of plants and wildlife, and protect our environment for future generations.
If you have any questions, comments, article ideas or would like to discuss the services CGCS provides please do not hesitate to email me at email@example.com or call (941) 747-5059